This course will provide the attendee with in-depth knowledge of IPv6 security, such that the attendee is
able to evaluate and mitigate the security implications of IPv6 in production environments. The attendee
will be given an in-depth explanation of each topic covered in this course, and will learn – through hands-on
exercises – how each feature can be exploited for malicious purposes. Subsequently, the attendee will be
presented with a number of alternatives to mitigate each of the identified vulnerabilities. This course will
employ a range of open source tools to evaluate the security of IPv6 networks, and to reproduce a number
of IPv6-based attacks. During the course, the attendee will perform a large number of exercises in a network
laboratory (with the assistance of the trainer), such that the concepts and techniques learned during this
course are reinforced with hands-on exercises. The attendee will be required to perform a large number of
IPv6 attacks, and to envision mitigation techniques for the corresponding vulnerabilities
Audience and Prerequisites
Network Engineers, Network Administrators, Security Administrators, Penetration Testers, and Security Professionals
in general. Participants are required to have:
- Good understanding of the IPv4 protocol suite (IPv4, ICMP, ARP, etc.)
- Good understanding of network components (routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic UNIX/Linux shell commands
- Knowledge of basic IPv4 troubleshooting tools, such as: ping, traceroute, and network protocol analyzers (e.g., tcpdump).
Basic knowledge of IPv6 is desirable, but not required.
Course duration and format
Three days, with up to 50% of course time devoted to practical sessions.
- One course book (written by the trainer) that includes all the slides and exercises presented in the course.
- A copy of the virtual lab employed for the training course.
- A certificate of completion of the training course.
Course inquiries and bookings
For inquiries about courses and consulting, you can contact
us at email@example.com.
The trainer of this course is Fernando Gont.
A detailed course agenda/syllabus can be found here.