Our security research has lead to a number of vulnerability advisories, which have in turn resulted in a plethora of improvements in many popular implementations of the Internet protocols.
Here are some of the vulnerability advisories that have been published as a result of our work.
Predictable transport-protocol ephemeral ports in NTP
- F5: K09940637: NTP vulnerability CVE-2019-11331
- Dell: Dell EMC Isilon OneFS Security Update for NTP Vulnerability
Predictable IPv6 Fragment Identification values
- RedHat: RedHat Security Advisory RHSA-2011:1465-1: Important: kernel security and bug fix update
- Ubuntu: USN-1253-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities
- SUSE: SUSE Security Announcement: Linux kernel security update (SUSE-SA:2011:046)
ICMP attacks against TCP
- UK’s NISCC: NISCC Vulnerability Advisory ICMP – 532967 (Vulnerability Issues in ICMP packets with TCP payloads) (see also: this)
- US-CERT: TCP/IP implementations do not adequately validate ICMP error messages
- Cisco Systems: Crafted ICMP Messages Can Cause Denial of Service
- Microsoft Corp.: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2005
- SCO Group: TCP Remote ICMP Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- Dell: Force10 Security Advisory: ICMP Attacks Against TCP